How does it work?
A trained skin care professional will spray the tanning formula onto your body. The amino acids in your skin will respond naturally to the DHA in the tanning formula. There should be no appearance of streaks, orange palms, or dirty looking knees and elbows. We offer four Norvell options that will be personalized to your individual needs. These options will be discussed before the procedure with a professional.
Venetian: The most commonly used color. Contains a violet base that cuts orange tones on people with fair or medium skin.
Legend: Another great choice for fair to medium skin. This formula is organic and based in Aloe. The benefits of Aloe based products provide constant healing to your skin. *$5 upcharge*
Premium Dark: Best for clients with medium to dark skin. Color will reach maximum darkness after 24 hours.
Venetian One: Perfect for people with an active lifestyle who need to rinse quickly before a special event. This should be done with only warm water and no sooner than 1 hour after application. Venetian One puts the client in control of their tan. A longer duration from application to initial shower will yield darker results.
How long should my tan last?
Your sunless tanning results should peak between 3-4 days and slowly fade over the next week. Factors such as skin type, physical activities, and maintenance can cause results to vary.
Is spray tanning safe?
In short, Yes. The main ingredient in our sunless tanning formula is dihydroxyacetone, commonly know as DHA. DHA is a non-toxic sugar, often derived from plants such as beets and sugar cane. DHA is FDA approved.
How long does a tanning session take?
On average, a full body session can take 20-30 minutes.
What should I wear?
It is suggested you wear dark, loose fitting clothing and undergarments to your appointment. The bronzer within the tanning formula may rub off on clothing, but will wash out of most fabrics. Some clients choose to wear old bathing suits instead of undergarments.
- Exfoliate the night before your appointment. Your tan will last longer and cover more evenly with the removal of these dead skin cells.
- Do not shave less than 8 hours before or after your tanning application. Do not wax less than 24 hours before. Keep in mind that any waxing after tanning could remove color completely.
- Avoid wearing makeup, moisturizer, and deodorant or remove right before application with exfoliating mit purchased from our salon. (*$3 upcharge) These additives can act as a barrier and the process will not work properly.
Maintaining your tan
- Wait at least 24 hours before showering with soap.
- Apply moisture in the morning and evening. Avoid moisturizers with AHA which can contain exfoliates.
- Avoid long, hot showers and baths. Pat skin dry after bathing.
- Avoid scrubbing or exfoliating.
- Be mindful that excess sweat and friction during exercise may cause tan to fade.